Ascendant Studios is looking for a Texture/Material artist to work alongside our shader artists to create master materials in a PBR pipeline, for use on characters, environments, VFX, and UI elements.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
- Create materials and textures using Substance Designer
- Collaborate closely with tech artists, environment artists, and character artists under the guidance of the art director to develop the look of our materials.
- Optimize shaders and materials to stay ensure optimum performance on platform.
- Proficiency with Subtance Designer, Substance Painter, and Photoshop for PBR pipelines.
- 3+ years experience creating realistic materials in games or a related field.
- Expert understanding of next gen texture pipelines and tools
- Strong traditional art fundamentals
- Able to quickly implement changes based on creative feedback
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team
Good to Have
- Previous work in Unreal Engine.
Please email email@example.com with your application materials. Please include the job title you’re applying for in the email’s subject line.