Ascendant Studios is looking for a senior AI programmer to bring life to the enemies of our first title. The Senior AI Programmer will take charge of making our combat engaging through the implementation of complex enemy behaviors and interactions. Our ideal candidate will have had prior experience with Unreal Engine 4, and thrives in a fast paced, innovative team.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
- Collaborate with design to implement and iterate on new enemy behavior and interactions
- Rapidly prototype new behaviors and push the envelope for gameplay
- Give, receive, and act on daily constructive feedback
- Debug and document code
- Accurately access your workload, proactively communicate with the team about potential problems or new developments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional experience developing complex enemy AI, including behaviors, interactions, and cooperative tactics
- Previous shipped titles in modern engines, such as Unreal, CryEngine, or Unity.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, mathematics, or equivalent field
- 4+ years of experience working with C++ (preferred) or C#
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team
Good to Have
- Prior work with Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints scripting a huge plus.
- Familiarity with programming for 1st person shooters and console titles
- Prior work on multiplayer titles
- A love of modern AAA titles and a desire to inviolate
To apply, please head to our career page.